Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ah, June…

Well, GW's price increase hit about the same time as their change over to resin "finecast" (or as the lads from "Beasts of War" kept slipping up and calling it "finecost")… Bad timing more than anything, I mean I'm probably one of the few folks out there that actually understands about the whole price increase thing… I mean with the price of EVERYTHING going through the roof, especially fuel which ups all other prices for shipping, etc… So, the price increase I get. Not happy about it of course, but I'm probably not the "core customer" they are selling things to… Frankly, I already HAVE 6 full armies for 40K that I rotate through as I get bored with them in turn, so I'll not really be buying all that much anymore, certainly not on a large scale. I might get into Malifaux, or Kings of War, leaning heavily towards Malifaux as I've found a group that I think I can actually play there… We'll see. Just hoping for a game system that sticks around for a few years at least…


 

Work is… Well, a lot of work :-)…. Still waiting to find out what is going to happen with Health Alliance… Not looking good, I'll have to get my eye exams in this month before any odd changes hit… I'm used to seeing corruption in Government; I grew up in Joliet where the Outfit and/or the Machine ran everything… But even there, it was NOT this out in the open… We have a "bid" process that does not consider price? And does not follow the law requiring actual full coverage in terms of area at least, but "oops, there is no HMO in Champaign now"… A bit depressing, just watching the current Governor get away with this shit, especially with his predecessor on trial for what again? Oh yeah, corruption…


 

Bike is back working again! Looking like I'll be riding in to work a few times next week, but towards the end of next week it will be a regular thing… Still a slow leak in the rear tire, but that can be fixed I hope… So, I'll try the soapy water thing to see if I can find the source of the leak, and maybe that "slime" stuff work to plug it on a more permanent thing… We'll see.


 

Still finding weird random weapon things like high capacity magazines, random ammo and even another rifle I'd forgotten I had… So if anyone out there is looking for anything in this area, let me know…

No comments:

Post a Comment