Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Health Insurance, Illinois and Corruption? Who knew :-)

So, I went to the U of I's "briefing" on our (lack of) options… Our Governor decided for some reason to do away with the HMOs that we had for health insurance in favor of another one. Turns out that this other one costs the State and us more, and it is really only covering the Chicago, Springfield and Peoria areas… Oops. Well, there were some other "options", but they've been removed by a judge, so they're trying to rush through some 90 day extension of our current health plan before the Legislature's bill becomes law with or without the Governor's signature keeping all of the current providers in place for 2 years while an actual bidding process takes place… So, there might be an interruption of the good health plan while they sort these things out… Of course, the whole briefing this morning became irrelevant by noon, and so it's going to be a tremendous waste of time and money at a time when we can ill afford the loss of either. But so it goes…


 

Gaming, I decided to bring my Fleshtearers out to play in the league thinking that the Grey Knights would be crowded with 3-4 other lads picking them up recently, and I was a bit tired playing my Deathwing force… Powerful as it is, it is fairly boring one after a while… Not many models on the table, but it still wins a LOT of games for me. Played against one of the other 2 Blood Angels codex armies in the league… He played a more Mech force than I did with my Death Company themed force :-)… I got REALLY lucky that it did not end on turn 5 and I was able to pick up 2 critical kill points on turn 6 before time ran out. I'll probably have to change up the force a bit before next week since I plan at this point to be on the motorcycle… Nice luggage there, but somewhat limited space really. Still, should be able to throw something together…


 

Speaking of the bike, it's still running great, just looking for a "sound" solution for it at this point…. Something in an MP3 player I guess. Not sure if the old speakers still work, but that is a consideration. Looking very much forward to riding to work and parking ON campus, not a few miles out and catching a bus into the office…


 

Time to start selling off my ancient firearms… Tokerov, Nagant, Czech CZ-52, and Lugar for pistols and a whole mess of rifles… Federal and State/Local laws apply of course, but I'm sure the prices will be more than reasonable since I am pretty motivated to get rid of them… Oh, and loads of accessories and ammo… Contact me here or other places :-)…

No comments:

Post a Comment