Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lot of this going around I guess…

Not really a whole lot for me to look forward to in 40K…. It is apparently a cyclical thing for me, but really it does seem like I'm playing the same game over and over. I've apparently gone through all 6 of my armies and figured out the "best" lists for me to play… Admittedly, 2 of the armies I have I have a very "limited" selection to field (Deathwing and Grey Knights), but the problem is that both of them are REALLY powerful, at least the way I field them… My Eldar are "fun", but badly outdated in a lot of ways, especially with the last 2 Codices that have been released… The Dark Eldar do most of what the Eldar and do it better with the notable exception of not having Psychers at all… Ironically, they now apparently HAVE demons though via the Grey Knight FAQ… And of course the Grey Knights and their giant "FU" to all other Psychers out there… Oh, and a LOT of things are considered Demons and Plasma weapons these days, so keep that in mind… Loads of min/max potential in both of those codices…


 

I guess what I am getting at is that I'm just getting a bit bored with the game… There is really nothing overly exciting there for me at the moment. I know that several other folks have expressed similar opinions, and in a much better way I think like the Back 40K here: http://theback40k.blogspot.com/2011/06/when-blase-hits.html... I have to admit I am sort of looking forward to Mantic's sci-fi game, especially since I had inherited Brent's ancient Squat force when Sword and Crown went away… Not sure, I've played a LOT of "alternate" games, "Planetstorm" being one of the best IMO… We played on a BIG table and so broke the system a bit, but it was a really fun game to kill an afternoon or evening… I guess my point is that while I hope Mantic, Privateer Press, or "whoever" comes up with a viable "40K killer", I doubt they will… Still, alternate minis are most welcome if they are reasonable priced, and I'll probably at least play whatever comes out if it catches my interest… Malifaux didn't for the longest time, but they might have released a group I could actually play, might have to look into it if I ever get time and a bit of spare cash :-)…


 

On the time front… Job is still kicking my ass, but is calming down a bit after a particularly hellish couple of weeks there. Lots to pick up and run with, no time to waste really… My injury over the weekend is healing, but very slowly, and the antibiotics are really doing a number on me. I don't remember minor injuries like this taking me out in the past, but so it goes…


 

And speaking of "going"… The bike is running great, so naturally, the weather has gone to Craptastic… Shame, getting 52 MPG at "highway" speeds (55 MPH or so), and I REALLY like just parking a block away from my building and being able to leave whenever I really want to…


 

'k, LONG day and I'm in a bit darker mood than normal, so perhaps time to get to sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment