Friday, June 17, 2011

Wow, this was a long week...


Well, good and bad things…  Bad, Altgeld Hall got hit by lightning and a bunch of computers and other things got messed up.  The handicapped access door had its motor melted, locking that door pretty effectively…  But so far 10-15 machines known to have lost as little as the Ethernet card to frying the whole system.  No doubt there will be more popping up over the next few months as folks wander back and find that for whatever reason they cannot log in, etc…  And with most of the machines now off warranty, well…  This is going to be a bit painful. So, that ate up the last half of my week at work.

Bike is still running along quite nicely…  Started riding it to work Thursday after I got my parking tag…  Maybe the weather will remain clear for a bit for me to keep riding in to work.  I have to admit it is absolutely awesome just walking a block to the bike and riding home rather than hoping to catch a crowded bus to another parking lot and then driving from there…  Down side being that there is construction on the main road between the University and Tolono, and they seem to be in “less of a hurry” to resurface than they were to tear up several miles worth of it…  So, back roads it is for now at least as I get used to the bike again.  Trying to avoid the “rough pavement” that is left before resurfacing the road…

Gaming, I’m paring down last week’s list to fit them in the lockable luggage on the Silverwing…  So, the Scouts are in, The Death Company are keepers, the Attack Bikes are keepers, and…?  Not sure what else to keep really…  I figure I can fit 2 trays full of troops in one of my old camera bags and then I’ll bring along some Rhino hulls…  The BA Rhinos are just better than all the rest for whatever reason… Apparently there is a deep seated belief in England that the red ones do in fact go faster…  So, another box for those to ride in and that leaves just a bit for the books, dice, etc…  Should be no problem… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment