Saturday, July 2, 2011

St Louis...

Yup, we're off in St. Louis with the wee ones...  I have loads of pictures up on facebook, I'll see if I can link, but if not they're up there...  Tiring, and loads of fun...  So, 2 more days here.  Maggie is happy, this is the first "real"vacation we've taken in a LONG time.  Mostly I'm tired, but I am glad the girls will have some fun and interesting memories...

Motorcycle, REALLY glad I picked it up.  Yes, it's not the fastest or the prettiest bike, but it is a fairly large bike and both reliable and efficient as hell... Just a few more tweaks before I really think of it as "my" bike...  Slight leak still with the rear tire, stereo/MP3 player and re-cover the seat...  Mostly minor things, a few hundred dollars worth...  Still have to sell off a bunch of my ancient firearms to pay for it, but that isn't as easy as it sounds...  But, the bike itself is going nicely :-)

Gaming:  I saw the Forgeworld "Heresy Era" DN's...  Now, since I actually HAVE 6+ ancient RT era DN's in my armies, I actually really like them.  Rules are a bit wonky, but I'd certainly play it...  Not the most overpowered DN, I think I already have a few of them in my Fleshtearer and GK armies...  These would just be fun...  More later, off to snag some Pizza with the girls...

3 comments:

  1. Paul
    Get a hold of me if you are still In st. Louis and if you are planning on attending the zoo or the magic house. We have passes to both and I would be happy to meet up with you and pass them off for however long you are In town.
    Chambers.Jeff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Appreciate the offer, but we were just there the weekend... It was really quite nice and Maggie and the kids really enjoyed it all, so we'll definitely be heading back... Maybe I'll get to play some games down there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that I missed you and I am glad that you enjoyed your time here. If you ever find your self with free time and some models on hand I would like to grab a game or two.
    Either way the offer for the passes still stands I don't see us not renewing our memberships anytime soon.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete