Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Surgery, Wi-Fi and waiting :-)

Had my first actual operation today...  Weird thinking about it, been shot a few times, had more broken bones than I'd care to remember, etc...  But it is a cat bite that gets me enough to go to surgery :-)...  The little things that are going to kill me I am convinced...  Not sure how long the actual procedure lasted because I was completely out, but it didn't seem very long.  The wait for it on the other hand...  Scheduled for 11:00, and it ended up being 3 or so when I actually got knocked out :-)...  Oh, SO glad they had free wi-fi there and that Maggie and I both brought our laptops...  Great killer of time and I have a LOT of e-books loaded up and John Ringo's "Posleen War" series is most excellent, especially for folks who actually played Army/Marines in the past... 

Gaming?  Have to admit I'm burning out a little on 40K.  Chatted with Jamie Monday about the old Confrontation stuff, might look into breaking them out...  Been a long time since my Kilted (Clan Gunn colors of course) Wolfen have hit the table, and it WAS a very fun game in our little group here in Champaign...  We'll see if it takes of a bit, but in any case the minis are among the best I've ever seen, and it just looks so awesome on the table...

No comments:

Post a Comment