Monday, September 12, 2011

Eldar?

Mkay, not sure if I am doing this right, but playing a "substandard" army, and not the "Internet Optimized" build (Mechdar) I'm looking like I'm in the lead for the local League...  Wraithguard as my "Troops" section with Eldrad and one of the Phoenix Lords in the squad for one REALLY expensive Anvil or Rock squad.  The walk forward with Eldrad giving Fortune for the re-rolled saves, Doom, Mind War, etc...  He and the Phoenix Lord provide HtH nastiness...  Maugen Ra is awesome shooting and downright nasty in HtH, but I am thinking that Karandras (Scorpions) giving Stealth and REALLY impressive HtH abilities to the squad with 6-7 Power Fist or Scorpion Sword attacks at WS 7 is actually the stronger one...  Weird, but this army seems like it is doing amazingly well in the "Adepticon" format...  Not that my opponents actually did anything wrong I think, it is more that in the format MSU is REALLY punished with loads of kill points out on the table that are actually fairly easy to take and gain that early and likely insurmountable lead with...

Looking ahead to the remaining people in the league, the SoB that Mike plays are going to be a tough one...  Mech, Mech and more Mech...  Haven't actually read the new codex, but Mike plays it more or less like the last edition, and that was a REALLY tough army...  Joe's Chaos Marines will be a bit rough, and Ryan's Chaos Demons will be something completely different since I am not very familiar with that book...  Not sure what else remains for me to face in this league, but I'm actually fairly confident that I'll do fairly well...

No comments:

Post a Comment