Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wedding prep...

Is no fun whatever...  Oldest daughter (Kaitlyn, Maggie's oldest) is getting married next Sunday....  REALLY looking forward to getting past this.  Maggie is stressed beyond belief with the constant changes and silliness..  Me, I'm just trying to keep quiet and maintain a bit of sanity...  So, the cats and I are all keeping the same low profile :-)  Maybe it will all go the way it should and things will work out...  Here's hoping at least...

Missed out on the Magic event this weekend, and there is no way I'll be able to make next weekends...  Trying to get Maggie out to play, but I'd say it is a safe bet it won't happen for a few more weeks after this all blows over.  Me, I'm looking to trade off some ancient cards for something a bit more modern...  Seems like a bunch of really neat stuff out there these days...

40K, league night again tomorrow, trying Eldar with more or less a slight variation on what I've been bringing.  No clue who I'm playing, but I've decided I really need more actual Troops...  2-0 so far, but both missions were Kill Points and my list had so few Kill Points that I was at a pretty serious advantage on those particular missions.  In both games the secondary was objective based, and I think I only would have held one in both cases...  Mind, one would have been enough for a win had the game played out exactly like it did, but I'm guessing Dave would have held back a squad or so of the Hunters to contest/hold at the end...  Still Wraithguard with Eldrad and a Phoenix Lord are REALLY tough to kill off in anything like a timely fashion like say, 5-7 turns :-)  But this week I'll have at least 2 other "Troops" who are just there to contest/hold objectives in the mid/late game...  You know, assuming they don't just get themselves killed off early...  But reserves/flanking might be how I run them...  Depends on the mission.

October Dave and I will be headed to Bloomington to play in a teams tournament based almost exactly on the Adepticon stuff...  So, either a Fleshtearer list based on Death Company, Death Company Dreadnaught in a Lucius class Drop Pod...  The Lucius Class Pod allows the DN to assault out of Deep Strike, so turn one, it hits right on top of the enemy, melta gun if possible and then either DN CCW or the Claws of Eternal Combat...  The Blood Talons allow me to quite simply erase a squad of Marine type opponents every close combat phase...  Broken and silly, but we're playing in a tournament, so...

My other possible thing to bring would be Deathwing.  Belial, 2-3 Deathwing Squads with TH/SS and LC Terminators and a Cyclone Missile Launcher...  One option is 3 squads and either 2 Typhoon Class Speeders (MM/2 missile shots) or a min Squadron of Ravenwing with 2 melta guns (scouts, fearless bikers, etc...) or drop to 2 squads of DW and bring a Land Raider Crusader...  Just roll up the field and dare them to engage...  Or sit back and hold the objectives in cover with 2+/3++ saves on fearless troops who also have heavy weapons and all power weapon/thunder hammer type weapons in HtH...  The safer choice certainly.  BA win or lose big.  And the army is based on a gimmick play.  If it works it is deadly, if not...  Well...

 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment