Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Next League...

So, I have to decide which of my armies I'll start the next league out with...  Doing an escalation league starting at 500 points, working up to 1850 at the end of the 8 weeks.  We'll be allowed to switch at the 4 week mark, and I might...  So, Wolves or Grey Knights is what I'm looking at with Adepticon in mind.  Now, Jamie is wanting to have a "more fully painted" group of armies on the field with us focusing more on the "hobby" aspect.  Suits me fine as I'd need to have the lads all painted for the road trip to the Chicago area anyway.  Now, the Wolves were my first army, and I still field a LOT of lead...  The ancient RT era "Assault Marines" that I've had for decades.  I also haven't played my old Wolves for a while, but I think I burned out pretty had on them...  Was painting a few of the old Scouts, so I might be about ready to break them out again.  On the other hand, I'm rapidly painting and converting a whole bunch of Grey Knights...  Think I might at least start out with them and see if I can't scrape enough together for a Storm Raven.  I REALLY think that it fits my GK/FT armies, and while I won't have the minimum of 2 that most hard corp "competitive" types would insist is the only way to field them...  Yeah, might not be the optimum solution, but I do think I can make it work :-)

Trying out some different conversions and weapon options to go with the different paint schemes for the Knights...  Seem to be a fairly powerful force, we'll see how they end up working for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment