Friday, October 7, 2011

SCCM...

So, we're officially doing the SCCM project...  The CIO officially blessed it and we're a go to set up a test environment.  Now, I say test partly in jest as it turns out that we actually have some 4500 machines already being managed by the current edition of the software.  The new version is in beta/RC status, and it really looks like it will be an excellent thing to roll out University wide.  Not just UIUC, but across UIS and UIC as well..  Now, if Microsoft's propaganda (marketing hype, whatever) is to be believed, the upcoming version (which we'll be setting up) can handle the Windows and Mac stuff just fine.  Now, I'm mostly just hoping I'm not volunteering for WAY too much getting involved in this, but I think this will be an excellent opportunity for us all.  We'll see I guess.

Gaming, I still have quite a bit of work to get my 1000 point lest(s) ready...  Not sure which one I'll actually use when the time comes.  No real experience with a "team tournament", but this will be an excellent test for Adepticon next year.  To be completely honest I'm not sure we'll do well, but I'm more interested in just playing the game and seeing how well I can do with what I have. If we win a few, cool...  I guess I tend to overthink these things up until the point I go into "machine" mode and just let it ride.  I can think of several armies we'll have no chance whatever against, but a lot of it will depend on the match ups and luck of the dice.  I'm a bit concerned about my lack of AP 1 shooting, and since the only way I have to deal with other "Rock" units is to engage them in HtH and hope my admittedly excellent Troops can take what comes and give them back the Thunder.  And of course the Land Raider Crusader...  I REALLY like the way that is hitting the field, and my conversions are coming along...  We'll see what happens :-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment