Monday, November 7, 2011

Back to Wolves I guess...

Playing a few weeks at the 500 point level, so it'll be a fairly "gimmicky" game in any case...  Looking like I'll field my ancient Confrontation Wolfen in the Gunn kilts with Wolf Scouts and see how they fare...  No HQ or Heavy options for the first 2 weeks, and unfortunately, the basic Troops of the Wolves really need the support...  The other option I see is a Wolf Guard unit and Grey Hunters...  The WG can help out the leadership and such, but lacking any heavy weapons really...  Just too much they could come up against that they simply cannot handle...  Mind, at the higher point levels, they wouldn't be the only things there to deal with it...

Got a few things in mind for the higher point levels, we'll see how they actually work out.  Wolf Priest with Saga of the Hunter for Stealth to run with Logan's Wolf Guard.  Makes them fearless, gives Preferred Enemy against one "class" of thing, Infantry, Bikes, MC, choose at the beginning of the game...  The Long Fangs are coming out, and I'll likely have a mix of weapons rather than just all Missile Launchers with the Necrons and the like hitting the table...  AV 13 from them and the Sisters, 14's from the loads of Land Raiders we have in the store....  And of course, with the Terminators out there...  That and I've always been a big fan of mixing out the weapon loads, kind of a holdover from when I carried that silliness myself.  AT-4's, LAW's, Recoilless Rifles, M203's, .50's, etc...  We'll see how it all works out as I continue breaking more of the 2nd edition lads out of deep storage and repainting them...  Yeah, maybe I had too many Wolves back in the old days...

No comments:

Post a Comment