Saturday, November 26, 2011

More Wolf Guard...


So, modifying more of the ancient Wolf Guard I have…  Magnetized weapon arms for the Terminator Armor…  I have a “few” claw arms, making more “Combi-Weapons” in the Plasma and Melta variety for the lads….  Still debating how the unit will deploy, I have the ancient Spartan class Land Raider they have deployed for me in over the decades or whether I have them walk on the board with the Wolf Priest and his “Saga of the Hunter” for the stealth and the “walking fortress”…  Plan on having Logan walk on with Long Fangs and the Wolf Guard will deploy next to them.  Since Logan gives them Relentless, I’ll not lose the extra turn of shooting, and Logan can slip over to the Guard once the Fangs are in place should HtH seem imminent…  Preferred Enemy and Wolf Claws make for a terrifyingly effective combination.  I’ve seen my Guard tear through things they should not have, at least not that quickly J

So, on the fence about the Land Raider and Dreadnaught(s)…  The “ranged” DN I typically deploy with the Assault Cannon/TLAC arms I find less effective as time goes on.  I find myself locked in HtH with things that while I can kill them…  Maybe… It takes too long and I lose the fire of the DN for too long.  So I think I’ll run the AC/DN CCW for a bit and see how well it holds…

No comments:

Post a Comment