Monday, November 14, 2011

Necrons…



So, the more I look at them, the more I think that some things like Heavy Bolters, Heavy Flamers and Autocannon/Assault Cannon are going to make a HUGE comeback.  4+ armor on a lot of the Troops and other things hitting the table.  Missile Launchers and above being needed for the AV 13/11 stuff since you’ll have to punch through the AV 13 to drop the shields on a lot of things.   So, other than a slight increase in the “marginal” weapons like HB/HF’s not a lot changes really…  Missile Launcher spam looks like it will be a very effective way to deal with a LOT of their stuff…

Their (Necron) lack of immunity to Melta these days means that unfortunately, the Melta swarms will still be the way to deal with vehicles.  GK with their Str 6 Heavy Bolter Razorbacks and Psycannon will probably not notice the Scarab swarms that will cause other armies (looking at IG/DE/Tau) to completely freak out…  Looking at my own forces: IG, I doubt the Scarab swarms will do much against me, but I tend towards a “defense in depth” like I was actually taught in the ancient times with my Praetorians…  Now a min/maxxed force with Melta Vets in Chimarae (Chimeras?  Yeah, Latin isn’t one of the languages I speak well) will simply get swarmed and taken apart I suspect…  My Wolves look like it will be a rough fight, but not one I am particularly concerned about honestly…  Win or lose it will be a fairly well balanced game I am guessing…  DA Terminators?  Depending on how silly, I suspect the Deathwing will win this one easily…  The same for the way I play my Grey Knights…  I tend toward the actual Knights, not the Inquisition’s forces, so MY lads should be just fine…  BA (Fleshtearers) I think might be one of the rougher ones…  Iff I can get to HtH, they’ll win easily enough, just the not getting shot to pieces or having my vehicles dropped to AV “tissue paper” before I do so might be a problem…  

We'll see :-)  I suspect there are at least 2-3 Necrons out there lurking at the Gopher...

No comments:

Post a Comment