Thursday, January 19, 2012

Warp Hunter

Mkay, so I think I may have found one of the somewhat overpowered things in the IA2 book...  The Warp Hunter really is quite powerful, probably too powerful.  Fast skimmer for the 12" move, 36" ranged Barrage weapon OR (and I think this is the broken part) the Aether Rift which uses the flamer template placed within 6" of the gun, and the teardrop no closer to the gun than the narrow end.  And both fire modes are AP 2, wounding on a 2+ (ID on a 6)...  Template weapons negating cover saves means that I can bring it in from reserve or going fast and hit something REALLY hard.  Now, the template has no roll to hit, allows no cover save or armor save...  Mind, I can still roll 1's, but should the unit be say, doomed...  So, say goodbye to a whole lot of "Rock" units...

And against vehicles, the roll of 3-4 for a glance and 5-6 for a penetrating hit...  Combined with the template or large blast?  Well, parking lots are in trouble...  Go in a "V" formation with Serpents loaded out with Fire Dragons and watch the look of "Oh Shit" just creep onto the player putting the parking lot strategy into effect...

Yeah, still no "I kill hordes" really...  I guess the massed S6 shooting I can throw down will be what I can use to deal with the horde effect...

No comments:

Post a Comment