Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wraithguard for the win...


So, played IG this evening…  Pretty good list, and he had an extra 150 points to play with, so I figured it was going to be a LONG game.  Brought my “Let’s Break the Kill Point Mission” list…  And it did just that.  Having 8 Kill Points in total, and starting a bunch in reserve meant that his list was at a serious disadvantage from the beginning.  The Wraithguard starting in cover with Stealth and re-rollable saves were just on fire…  For his first turn he basically emptied his army’s long range AT firepower into the squad causing the loss of a single figure when the dust cleared.  I sniped a few kill points while marching the brick forward, then his Vet Squads deployed and opened up on the Uber-Brick killing a few, but the majority of the squad lived…  Karanadras broke off to kill off the Company command squad single handedly (some named character, extra orders…  Not that impressive really), then wipe out a Vet Squad while the Wraithguard took a few kill points themselves before finally all dying…  Eldrad himself survived to link up with the Fire Dragons who were delayed a LOT by the Master of the Fleet, thus preserving in that transport almost half of my original kill points…  So, pretty much the one chance in 3 for that one I win on the basis of my army build.  One chance in three that I would have likely lost or at least would have had to bum rush the other side’s objectives…  MUCH more difficult if he plays smart, and Cyrus would likely have played it right…  So, likely a draw at best for me.  The last third, would have been a draw likely with me holding my objective and MAYBE me contesting his on a last turn rush with a fast skimmer if any survived J…  So, now likely I have an extra space on the map with the manufactorum for the 150 point bonus…  Probably will hurt more than help knowing my luck…

No comments:

Post a Comment