Friday, March 23, 2012

15mm?

Mkay, dug up some more of the FoW troops...  Anyone out there know how close the points in the 2nd ed (I think) books like "D-1" are?  I think I can actually field an Airborne company...  Line platoons, Weapons platoons, loads of Bazooka Teams, an Artillery Platoon, etc...  I have a Platoon of Lees as well, but not really connected to my Airborne stuff...  My Grandfather on Dad's side commanded a unit of them during the War, wound up in Armored Cav, so I'll likely snag a few of the Greyhounds, etc...  Ironically, a Great Uncle was an Engineer...  Dad was Armored Cav, I started as an Engineer before doing the really silly "Airborne" stuff...

So, need to get some "Dark Green" if Dave has it (Vallejo) to paint the lads up in the 1943 Uniforms...  Most of the operations involving my old Divisions (82nd and 3AD) were "late war", so...   Probably some of the Army Painter sprays since I'll probably want to quickly finish my Grey Knights, some random "Barbarian" type armies for other game systems...  Who knows, maybe WFB will make a comeback some day...  That and I guess I need the 3rd ed FoW book...

But in essence, not even sure if I'll play in the upcoming league...  Maybe after the weekend I'll lighten up, but 40K is just getting really stale and boring to me at the moment...  Not a problem with Dave H's league, I'm really just bored with the same things over and over...  By now I've seen pretty much all of it, and even my quest to try to use everything in all of the Codexes I actually play has more or less been done.  And by now there really aren't many surprises.  Sadly, I can usually predict with a great deal of accuracy what the game plays out as by looking at lists and books...  So, I guess I am waiting on the next edition.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure what you mean by "how close the points are?". Does sound like you have mostly late war stuff though. I went with early war because of my dad, who drove a Sherman in Tunisia & Italy. Was unable to snag a 3rd Ed tiny book so it looks like I'll have to shell out the hard cash for the hardbacks. Yes, that is an "s". It is a 3 book set for $60. Actually might not be a bad idea (Rulebook, unit book & terrain book).

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have the 1st and 2nd ed books, and the points for the units changed a bit from 1 to 2, wondered if there was a PDF or the like with any changes made... Forgot how bloody expensive the Airborne Infantry really was... Good, but not a "horde" army...

    ReplyDelete