Saturday, March 10, 2012

So, no tournament today...

Well, only two of us showed up for the tournament...  Weird, given the huge 40K group we have on Mondays.  So, didn't get to test out my Grey Knights as actual Grey Knights...  Well, we played a quick game, but deep striking in an inch away from one of his Long Fang squads allowed me to actually kill a few...  But the Stealth and cover saves kept the squad alive..  Took one casualty, and took a wound on Mordark which brought the Ghost Knight back.  Mind, I was helped immensely by REALLY poor dice on Dave's part...  of the 3 Plasma Cannons, 2 1's coming up killing one of them meant even fewer cover saves and pretty well summed up the shooting phase...  So, REALLY not a good test for the army concept...  I'll probably give it a shot in the next one, I might even have the lads all painted up by then...  'course, the whole army is 26 models, and I already have the bulk of them painted and WYSIWYG...

Next league, we'll be voting on Monday and next week...  Is looking like we'll do a Combat Patrol, similar to http://www.adepticon.org/12rules/2012cp.pdf  Should be interesting...  Grey Knights are right out...  Wolves might be interesting, Fleshtearers would probably be VERY competitive, IG seem like they'll be one of the "power" armies along with the Dark Eldar...  Eldar are out for me, but mostly because I just played out the 8 week league with them...  And at 400 points, I think they'd be a a HUGE disadvantage given the ancient codex they have...  IA11's Corsairs on the other hand...

Looking like I'll need to get a "Gun List" together as I'll be selling a few off...  Found another crate of ammo (7.62 NATO on stripper clips for either Indian Enfields or some of the odd Mauser variants), and by and large I've not used any of them in the last decade...  Keeping the IBM carbine, the Garand, my old sidearm, etc...  M1911's are still my pistol of choice, the one I learned to fire with, so the one I am most comfortable with.  Also the only one I know I shot someone with, but like I was taught "If you are expecting a gun fight and only have a pistol, you brought the wrong weapon"...  Big fan of the "I don't care" class weapons everywhere, and so the Garand with 30-06 AP ammo fits that as the most powerful standard round for a shoulder fired weapon.  Not a cop, so if I am shooting, I am not overly interested in taking prisoners.  Center of mass, high powered AP round...  But time for the collection to get pared down I think...  So, anyone looking for this sort of thing, shoot me a line :-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment