Sunday, March 25, 2012

So, what next?

So, new league starts Monday...  Not sure what I'll play.  Silly loyalty, I'll play because Dave is pack...  So, IG or Fleshtearers?  Maybe Grey Knights, but with the limited nature of the 400 point games, I cannot actually field 80% of the stuff in the book, and none of the things I normally use...Deathwing is out for the same reason, no 2+ saves allowed...  Wolves would be good, but ultimately boring I think...  At least IG I can bring weird ancient things no one has seen before...  And more importantly I can fit it on the motorcycle at this level...  :-)  Rationalize it away I guess...

15mm stuff is shaping up nicely, and I do think I'll scrape together the $60 or so to pick up the 3rd ed FoW books...  Not entirely sure I'll ever actually play the game, at least locally...  But, at the very least I'll have the mental exercise of building armies and the like...  Wonder how historically accurate my builds will be?  Guessing fairly...  But then I also know that the TOE is not very accurate with respect to what the lads are actually bringing to the field with them...  For instance, I carried my M-16/203, 2 pistols, a shotgun, a LAW, and a wide variety of knives, etc...  By the TOE, it was the M-16/203...   And I was only slightly more heavily armed than the rest of the lads...  Not sure I ever saw a "Line Dog" actually JUST have the issued weapons...  Reserve guys or non- Combat Arms, yes...  And with my big collection of WWII weapons and the like, hell, I was issued some :-)...  My 1911 was manufactured in 1935, and it is the most reliable weapon I've ever used, I trust it with my life and those of my family without hesitation...  Cue the Obi Wan Kenobi voice with the line about the more elegant weapon from a more civilized time...

Looking like a good week for the bike :-)  One thing I got last year I REALLY am glad I picked up...  Might be time for me to look into getting a bigger one in the longer term...

2 comments:

  1. I have many buddies who say the same thing about what they were carrying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of "I Don't Care" class weapons... My go to gun has always been the old M-1 Garand loaded out with AP rounds... Designed to punch through heavy steel at "combat ranges" (~300m), and I'm able to hit man sized targets out to 600m with great regularity, or at least I did when I shot competitively :-) I was taught that if you are expecting a gunfight and you only brought a pistol, you brought the wrong weapon :-) We're Americans, and massive overkill is how we fight wars...

    ReplyDelete