Monday, April 2, 2012

Flames of War, what next?

So, reading the big book o rules (Thanks Dave!)...  Not sure what AT support I should be bringing for my Parachute Rifle Company...  I can massively overload with Bazooka teams, but I suspect that will not work nearly so well as it did in 1st edition...  So, I can bring Glider AT Guns (57mm) or M10 GMCs...  The Tank Destroyer Doctrine (forget if the rule is still called that) with the security teams starting on the board and the TDs just appearing from ambush looks like one of those "when it works, awesome...  If it doesn't work, you die"...  And since looking over the German and Soviet lists it does look like I'd best be able to stop tanks.

Artillery, yes...  I have some set up now and I'll be setting up more...  Now, the way I was taught was that the Infantry holds and calls down Artillery.  Dealing with the tanks is hard without Air Support, and why I;m concerned...  Air Support seems really random, and Artillery just isn't going to stop a tank horde in time...

:-)  Probably time to start painting again...  Been hitting the weights more recently, and just not as much time painting....  But I am looking at the "Army Painter" stuff to knock out a few armies quickly...  Grey Knights, etc...