Sunday, April 15, 2012

Killing time in Bloomington...

Between meetings :-)  So, thought I'd jot down a bit of what I'm thinking...

Confrontation...  If it does come back, great.  There were some really silly, broken things in 3.5, so here's hoping they fix those things in the Phoenix edition.  There IS a campaign supplement called "Dogs of War", but that one was REALLY a beer and pretzels thing...  The silliness you could come up with made the Mordheim/Necromunda power games look like minor league child's play...  Yeah, didn't help that I was playing with 2 borderline broken lists to start with in the Wolfen Packs and Sessairs Kelts (Horde of Mugan, so the cheap Centaurs and Giants were even cheaper)...  But getting to choose from SO many of the broken abilities to add to just about any of your troopers, it got really silly and broken really quickly...

But in any case, I do miss playing the game.  As a tournament game it had some problems, but it was always fun to play in our group...  But then having a good and reasonable group tends to make just about any game good...

Infinity...  I do king of hope that the game picks up here locally...  I've only played it a few times, but it is a good system I think...  And I'm picking up a few more of the Highlanders for the Aridrana (sp?) army...  Lacking the whole "High Tech" thing without ANY hackers or BFR (the giant robots, I think TAG is what they were called :-)), doubt it will be a hugely competitive force, but it WILL be fun to throw down an army of Scottish Werewolves to tear up those armies depending on their high tech toys...

40K...  Well, I'll keep painting I think...  Decided to redo my IG vehicles in a US WWII paint scheme using "Brown Violet" from Vallejo like the FoW stuff I'm doing...  Fleshtearers are getting Scouts and I need to finish up the magnets for the Assault Squads so I can have them as Drop troopers or Mechanized...  Wolves?  Dunno, DA are looking like one of the next forces up, so I'll hold off on those lads to see what GW messes up for my Deathwing army...

So, things looking interesting for gaming, just not so much for 40K....

No comments:

Post a Comment