Monday, July 23, 2012

Deathwing this week...

So, getting ready for the 1850 League...  My Deathwing army is tiny, relatively of course...  And because it was the one I intended to bring to Adepticon, etc...  Did bring it to team up with Dave's Wolves over in Bloomington...  In any case, I HAVE the banner, the Medic, etc...  Won't really be WYSIWYG the first week or two, but with the 6th edition changes, regular Terminators seem a pretty decent option...  Fearless, one squad will get FNP, loads of missiles, Melta, etc. from my Ravenwing there...

So, 4-5 Deathwing Squads, 2 Speeders, 1 bike Squadron, Vindicator, maybe a Land Raider or Aegis line and?  Concerned about a flier heavy list, but with a LOT of 2+ saves on Fearless Troops...  Ignore the fliers and just complete the mission?  Horde control is a problem as well and lack of Psy defense...  Maybe bring a cheap Farseer to say "No One Uses Psy Powers But Me" :-)...  Would have to use Pathfinders to be Troops, and they'd run my Aegis line I think...  Might work, if a bit on the fromage grande side...