Monday, July 23, 2012

Deathwing this week...

So, getting ready for the 1850 League...  My Deathwing army is tiny, relatively of course...  And because it was the one I intended to bring to Adepticon, etc...  Did bring it to team up with Dave's Wolves over in Bloomington...  In any case, I HAVE the banner, the Medic, etc...  Won't really be WYSIWYG the first week or two, but with the 6th edition changes, regular Terminators seem a pretty decent option...  Fearless, one squad will get FNP, loads of missiles, Melta, etc. from my Ravenwing there...

So, 4-5 Deathwing Squads, 2 Speeders, 1 bike Squadron, Vindicator, maybe a Land Raider or Aegis line and?  Concerned about a flier heavy list, but with a LOT of 2+ saves on Fearless Troops...  Ignore the fliers and just complete the mission?  Horde control is a problem as well and lack of Psy defense...  Maybe bring a cheap Farseer to say "No One Uses Psy Powers But Me" :-)...  Would have to use Pathfinders to be Troops, and they'd run my Aegis line I think...  Might work, if a bit on the fromage grande side...

4 comments:

  1. Take jetbikes. With the overlap of the +1 T, you can have T5 Eldar jetbikes.

    of course, they're probably only intended to really be T4. silly old codexes, and new edition, and no proper FAQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, hadn't considered that... Playing with a reasonable group, I'd play T4 of course... I admit I am shocked, simply shocked that GW has poorly FAQ'd this and other things... I do think the cheap Farseer/Pathfinder group might become a default Ally though... Might try the DA Librarian, but with Ld 9... And it still does almost nothing for Psy Defense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ok, I was wondering about the Librarian.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. 150 points would get me a level 1 Psycher with 2 powers I can select from a fair number of the book disciplines... So, I could get Guide, Psychic Scream, etc... Turn him into a decent weapon or support character... And the "Deny the Witch" roll his unit would get might be a bit better... NOT a bad buy all things considered, but honestly I am looking for ways to deal with fliers and incoming Psy attacks... Necrons and Chaos are looking like the major enemies I will have a hard time dealing with...

    ReplyDelete