Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More building....

Not a whole lot going on, Maggie and the girls are up North for the week...  I'm getting wild, painting toy soldiers and working on my motorcycle.

So, a little painting, but mostly working on modeling.  Chaplain swapping out a bolter for a power fist and getting ready for the jump pack magnet mount.  Not sure if I NEED to, but guessing that having at least a squads worth of the lads to field as either Jump troops or riding in a Land Raider...

Working a bit on the Death Company DN as well...  Looking like that will remain a part of the army for the 125 points. If it gets its charge off, 6 Str 10 AP 2 goodness?  Yes, thank you...  Yes, the Str 7 Cuisinart mode claws is amusing, and might even be amusing against say, a horde...

Other than that, the Scout SGT got his camo cloak, and some of the other lads got a bit of paint....  Guessing I start making combi weapons and basing...  Oh, and build the bloody Drop Pod :-)

Yes, tired and free form rambling...  Dealing with hordes, not so sure...  Against IG, I have the Sternguard dropping in...  Depending on how well hidden his Command Squads, Heavy Weapon Squads and Artillery are, well that will dictate the target selection....  The Ignore Cover rounds are still AP 5, so they should kill off IG easily, and the Melta shots should deal with vehicles...  Tyranids, I have the Hellfire rounds for the wounding on 2+, Melta, etc...  Still not sure for AAA, so I'll probably bring the Aegis line for my Scounts, or maybe be cheesy and have Gabriel Seth or the Librarian shoot the bloody gun for the BS 5 twin linked Heavy 4 shots...  Not sure I can deal with dual Storm Ravens or squadrons of Valkyries/Vendettas with the Str 7 shots, but thinking the AV 10 DE fighters or AV 11 Marine fliers are in trouble.  But, will deal with that when I have to I guess :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment