Saturday, July 14, 2012

Next projects...

Going through my old files, and I found an Eldar Vampire Raider pattern...  Printed it out on letter rather than legal paper so it would be a bit smaller...  Looking at using it as a Phoenix class bomber.  Kind of a mis naming I think, the bomber does not actually have bombs, but I think it will be a heavy interceptor and awesome ground attack aircraft for me.  Now, it is a Heavy Support choice, and 225 or 235 points, and the new rules for fliers...  Well, Holofields and it coming in from reserve might do really well for a turn or three, and with those turns being critical as I "rush" my Wraithguard block across the table, hoping mostly to keep fliers and other heavy threats under control...  Of course, I left all of my foamboard at my office, so no real progress there...  Planning on doing the frame with foamboard, then using paper mache to do the aircraft's skin...  Should be light, thin and fairly strong.  Between this and my Airship to be my Praetorian IG's Vendetta/Valkyrie replacement, a bit of random model work to do...

More ancient Marines being stripped and repainted...  Found a few squads of Scouts, not sure that they'll get used, but 15-20 sniper scouts and another 10-15 HtH and Shotgun Scouts...  Shame my Wolf Scouts became almost completely worthless between the near mandatory 4 shot AP 4 Interceptor gun and the fact I can no longer Assault when I go behind enemy lines has placed them on the "eh" list for my Wolves.  After SO many years of them being in every Wolf army I played (I used to do something like this when I played Army)...  So, they went from really powerful and I almost always felt kind of bad bringing them against most people (some others, not so much so) to a unit I feel like I am handicapping myself with... So, not sure which of the various Marine forces the lads get painted up as, maybe do actual camouflage and use them for whichever (DA, Fleshtearers, Regular Marines, Shotgunners might become IG Vets in carapace armor)...  We'll see I guess, leaning toward at least one full squad of snipers for my FT force, no clue what the DA will get in their next iteration...

No comments:

Post a Comment