Friday, July 6, 2012

Support weapons... Maybe?

So, now they are T 7, 2 wound "creatures" rather than the weakest possible vehicle...  Hmmm...  And the D-Cannons I have from back in the RT days...  Seems like it might be a good way to throw down some "I don't care" class shooting...  Blast, so no AA fire...  That will continue to be a problem for the Eldar I think.  But in any case for 100 points I can have a unit of 2 D Cannons behind my Ghost Warriors (Wraith Guard, but better than half of the unit IS made up of ancient Ghost Warriors)...  I think they will be my AAA should any get close enough.  Guide will be used here and on my War Walkers since I'm looking for 6's...  I like the Wraithcannon here just because 2/3 of the time it rips away a Hull point, and 1/3 have a decent chance to just kill the flier...  Scatter Lasers, just the sheer weight of shooting.  I'll see how much Str 6 shooting I can bring out...

Vibro Cannons....  Hmmm, since they auto hit and auto glance, barring FAQ, seems like they will just hit, same for Blood Lance and other powers like that....  Can you tell I am trying hard trying to figure out a way to deal with the fliers, especially the dual Storm Raven and multiple Vendetta/Valkyrie lists?  Just not 100% sure I can do it with what I have and the rules as I understand them at this point...

Getting a feel for the new rules, but there are some that just kind of make my head hurt.  No more than 50% Reserves, but Fliers do not count against this?  Well, mostly lacking fliers, I don't get anything there...  Sucks for several of my armies though, making them mostly unplayable.  At least in the form I am used to them being played at least.  We'll see, but I am guessing it will not work out well.

The other big one is no assault out of reserves.  Now this just makes certain things like my Wolf Scouts and Scorpions almost completely useless...  Wolf Scouts can jump out, maybe be shot by Interceptors or other odd rules, get their one shot off, then stand there and get shot off the board.  Scorpions are WAY worse off...  Pistols, and "Oh, look, we're here to die"...  So, completely useless.  Really disappointing for me as they were always some of my favorite units, now unplayable in the Scorpions case, Wolf Scouts are far worse off than they were as just suicide shooters...  So, maybe there will be a change via FAQ or new book for the Eldar...

No comments:

Post a Comment