Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bringing odd things...

Thinking about bringing a Techmarine...  Looking at the terrain we use locally, there is ALMOST always a ruin, and playing the "Dawn of War" deployment by fiat...  And my Scouts would be REALLY annoying with 2+ cover saves...  And 3+ saves for a Dev squad would be fairly nice...  Just the whole need to find the 50, 65 or better yet 90 points for the fully equipped Tech.  Pretty sure I won't bother with Servitors lacking a significant number of vehicles...  But the extra Plasma/Flamer and Power Fists might be nice for a backfield defense... Just having a hard time with the 90 points being the same as a Whirlwind for me.  For a single wound non IC model.  Yet another "GK Exclusive" as their Techs for whatever reason ARE IC.  Annoying, one of those things I want to bring, but it is one of those things I think I am playing at a disadvantage with given the clearly superior choices, in general.  Yes, I can imagine that there might be some situation where the Servo Harness Tech repairs a DN, Razorback or the like and goes on to clean up a HtH situation in my backfield...  But just don't see that happening all that often. Eh, I have several I have not played since the PDF codex days...  When the Techs were like the Tech Priest Engineers of the IG, not taking a slot, etc...  "Eh" even then, but cheap and I played a LOT of Mech as a holdover from my 3rd Ed army, so always amusing having him piece together a crippled Rhino hull to annoy the enemy...

Other than that, looking at bringing back my Vanguard Vets...  Sternguard hitting and the VGV following the Locator Beacon to assault out of Deep Strike and hopefully pull the Sternguard out alive...  Or at least avenge their sacrifice...  Though I am finding not many people are prepared for the Sternguard with CPT Tycho and a Medic...  Dropping a bunch of pissed off Assault Vets with Power Weapons, etc. into the mix just seems like overkill, but it will be VERY fast and decisive...  Something to consider...  NOT a "nice, fun" list, but damn I think it would be terrifyingly effective...  Well, against everything but a flier heavy force...

No comments:

Post a Comment