Thursday, September 20, 2012

Conversions, just a few more things for the Tournament

Well, threw together a quick Terminator suit Medic (Sanguinary Priest) and got some color on it...  "Eh", I'm not actually a sculptor so the Green Stuff doesn't look as nice as it should, but I think it will be obvious what it is.  Well, that and the fact that it will be the ONLY Terminator suit on my side :-), so that will help I think.  I'll get the basecoat finished tomorrow and dip it...  Should look OK with the rest of the lads I think...

Finishing up the last few bases and getting the last parts painted, still have to decide whether to bring the Devastators or the Assault Squad...  Played the Dev + Attack Bike over the Assault Squad + Razorback last game...  The Devs have the range, and the Attack Bike is really powerful for the 50 points.  The Assault Squad are always scoring. t ttack bike win out...  Just SO much firepower, and parking them in cover gives me a good fire base to compliment the Scouts.  Think the Medic running with the Assault Squad (Jump) loses the jump pack to hold back with the Scouts and Devs...  Saves me 25 points, and allows me to fill out a few things I want to be sure I have like a Locator Beacon on the Drop Pod...  6" from the pod is a HUGE are when the pod is fully extended, so the lads Deep Striking have a big area to drop in without deviation...  Liking that, missing my old Vanguard Vets though :-)...  I do think that were I playing a truly cut-throat version I would find a way to put in a 5 man squad to be a second wave to rescue the CPT and his lads.  They'd likely be within 6" of the Medic granting Furious Charge...  A bit much though I think for the local scene though...

No comments:

Post a Comment