Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Magnets, weapon swaps and Devastators...

Well, finally getting to use the wee tiny magnets I picked up from Dave up at the Gopher (http://armored-gopher.com/)...  I have WAY too many Plasma Pistols on my Jump Troopers, but with the Death Company set, there are Inferno Pistols, Hand Flamers and oh yes, MORE Plasma Pistols...  So, my test case is done with in essence a hand swap with Plasma and Inferno Pistols....  Looking like I'll wind up doing this on a few of the lads if it works out, and it is looking very good so far...

Devastators,  thinking that I'll field one unit of the lads...  But not necessarily the standard 4 Missile Launchers...  Thinking of a few Heavy Bolters, maybe a Missile Launcher or two...  Finding the weight of fire thing is pretty important, a LOT of saves forced is a good thing.  Not so sure they will do squat for me in terms of AA fire, I guess the DE and maybe Necron fliers might be concerned about Heavy Bolters...  But missing the GK Psycannon s...  Leads me to a bit of a mini rant :-)

The more I think about it, the more I am annoyed by the GK codex.  Yes, they have a limited selection of Heavy Weapons, but the ones they have are almost perfect for about anything.  No snap fire needed for it because they can shoot Assault 2 OR Heavy 4.  It's Str 7, Rending, so it can punch through whatever is out there as opposed to say, a Heavy Bolter...  The Lightning Claws they use are NOT LC, but they do the same thing without the disadvantage of losing the shooting attacks they have...  And oh, wait, theirs are Str 5 and Assault 2 when they buy the upgrades...  So a HUGE mass of Str 5 shooting followed by Force Weapons hitting in HtH if needed.  Yes, they all have Power Weapons...  Actually Force Weapons, so multi Wound models can all just die too...  And fliers that just murder Psykers...  Scoring units all over the place, an option for anything :-)...  Sadly, I HAVE a GK army, but honestly I feel bad fielding it.  It just seems like I am min maxing and borderline cheating by just fielding the options in the book.  Not really much of a challenge to field a really powerful army, so I'd rather field an army I will have an actual challenge winning with than one I can just wipe people off the table with...

:-)  Looking at converting a Pedro Cantor, or if I can find the actual figure in METAL maybe picking it up...  This way I can resurrect some of my ancient Crimson Fists as an Allied Detachment in REALLY big games to make Sternguard scoring and even more awesome...  Will have to throw together more Drop Pods as well of course...  LONG term plan, especially with this being a 2000+ point concept I think for me...

REALLY tired, changing out some of my workout stuff...  While "planking" LOOKS easy, it is not so much so...  Sore and exhausted...

No comments:

Post a Comment