Saturday, October 27, 2012

So, Crimson Fists?

Thinking it is time to strip and repaint my ancient Wolves...  And while I am at it, I think I will rebuild my basic Marines.  I have a number of Fists shoulder pads, the first 40K rulebook I had was the RT one with the lads on the cover, so I've always had them as an option for my "basic" Marines.  The image of the handful of them fighting off the horde of Orks really is a powerful one, and that whole "desperate defense" thing being something I've gotten quite good at over the years...  So, I'll restart the Fists I started all those years ago.  Probably helps that the Sternguard are REALLY good in this edition, and playing them in my Fleshtearers army, I think I have their uses and such down...  Pedro Kantor makes ALL Sternguard in my army scoring, so as an Ally to start perhaps since I am looking at playing the whole fully painted forces :-)  But it will allow me to field 2+ Sternguard squads all as scoring, my Scouts can become Crimson Fists, remaining scoring, and I can field a Techmarine with the Thudd gun, I mean "Thunderfire Cannon" :-) Mine will be a Thudd gun of course.. .Just annoyed that NONE of the "Marine" armies I play get the bloody thing...  So, longer term project I think, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment