Sunday, December 23, 2012

Well, hobbies stalled for the moment...

Well, Maggie has Pneumonia and both of the little girls are ill...  Flu for them I think...  And I am feeling like crap too.  Way behind on Christmas preparations and  family coming in tomorrow...  Yea...

Kind of stalled out on the hobby stuff this week.  Got my Heavy Bolters with barrels extended and now they are "Auto Cannon MK II" :-)...  So, guessing I will have a big blob squad with 3-5 Auto Cannons and Grenade Launchers.  Ad Hoc AA fire with "Bring It Down" to twin link the shots, and I should be able to throw down a GIANT footprint to keep my last army off of my tanks.  Having played the Air Assault force I know quite a bit about how to defend against the Meltas dropping out of the sky...

Now, I just have to get the bloody army reassembled and painted...  20 fully painted, and several times that number "mostly"...  I have a dozen or so of the 60mm bases my old friend Eric made for me, and I have borrowed the tool with which to make more...  A project for next week.  Along with the hull for my Airship...  Not sure what I'll name the first of the series, but I suspect I'll be making at least 3...  Maybe as many as 9 if I REALLY feel like being a jackass :-)...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to here about Maggie and the girls...and you. I sat down today and am really finally getting some work done on some airship pirates for my Pulp figures collection. Next up is a couple of laser cut old west buildings.

    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Merry Christmas to you Tom!

    Yes, she is already looking a lot better than she was this morning, so hoping that it is a quick one...

    Airship Pirates? Hmmm, I'll probably be looking for some British type "Naval" figs for Airship crew... I remember seeing some 25mm stuff from that time period, but am guessing I have time to search as my first Airship is still in the "pattern has been cut out of paper" stage...

    ReplyDelete