Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Dark Angels...

So, picked up the codex today at the Gopher :-)  Looking good so far.  I was using Belial, or the Consecrator's equivalent to make Deathwing Troops.  The 5 man squads were pretty darn good so was pretty hopeful they would at least NOT mess that up...  Nope.  The Terminator squads are a bit more expensive, but I can get 10/Squad, they are Twin linked on the turn they Deep Strike in, can still mix in TH/SS and LC with the shooters... Oh, and they can split fire as well...  And the first actual NEW Terminator weapon since the RT era...  We can get a Plasma Cannon :-)...  Not really all that great an option I think overall as you cannot snap fire or shoot at Fliers...  But I'll be modeling at least one to give it a shot as it were...  Might work well given the "foot" heavy focus that this edition seems to be having at least locally...  Belial himself has gone up in points from 130 to 190, but there are a LOT of new rules for him...  His squad does not deviate on Deep Strike, he gets precision shot on a 5+ rather than 6+, he has a Teleport Homer, 4++ save and his sword is fleshbane (wounds on 2+ like the Eldar Witch Blades)...

Azrael makes the Ravenwing and Deathwing Troops...  Gives his squad a 4++, gets to choose his Warlord trait from the DA specific ones...  Pretty powerful, and coming in at 215 points he is NOT bad at all...  Longer term, I will definitely play that force...  Maybe the 1-2 punch, but that is 400 points for my army...  Doubt I could go for that...But still, one or the other I think and I will have a pretty darn good force to lead out my lads.  I am also thinking that a Bastion will probably be used :-)...  Park the objective there, a squad of Deathwing with him for the 2+/4++, FnP, Fearless, Split fire?  Good luck getting them off the Objective...

So, more to read, and a bunch more to paint I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment