Wednesday, March 27, 2013

300th post, Wolves and Praetorians... Back to the beginning...

So, repainting the ancient lads...  Playing a few more weeks at 1000 points, so I am thinking the Wolves come out to play...  Not really enough points to field a cohesive force, but...  Grey Hunters in Razorbacks for my Troops, a few Scout Squads I think for the "Behind Enemy Lines"...  Not sure if I will bring Long Fangs, Rune Priest in Terminator Armor or Bran Redmaw :-)  IA 11, Werewolves everywhere?  Might be amusing...

Repainting and digging the lads out...  I forgot how many of them I had...  For larger games I have the ancient Land Raider, I can field Logan Grimmar and his Guard, Njal, Ragnar, Ulric, etc...  Found my full GW hard fig case of the old army and still more in other boxes and on the painting table...

Repaint is coming along, I have to say I really like how they are turning out.  Going in the old Legion colors of Grey with Yellow trim and helmet stripe...  The bulk of my force in the MK VI "Corvis" Armor with a number of MK II thrown in there...  Even a few of the very first Marines in the most ancient armor...  And my Scouts are led out by Leman Russ himself...  :-)  I find it a fine joke, and think that will be the way he returns to us when the time comes...  Just slipping into the battle with the Scouts, showing up exactly where and when needed the most...

Still painting a few of the Praetorians as well...  Really liking how they are turning out, but since I only have 30 or so finished of my 120 or so...  May be a while yet before the Light Rifles hit the field...

No comments:

Post a Comment