Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So, Eldar at 1850...

So...  Looking at the new book, and a combination of what I have and what I can play well I think...  Here is the first draft...

Spirit Seer... Leading out the army I think.  Not a bad wizard, and frankly opening the Wraiths as Troops is worth a lot to me.  Still learning the spells and frankly how to use them at all...  But, I think this is a good start... Bit less than 100 points...

At least two Wraithguard units... One with flamers, one the normal d-guns... In Wave Serpents for the mobility and the added threat from that vehicle.  Not sure how best to use them against the big uber MC's  like the Tau, GK, Demons, etc. get...  Suicide unit just rolling up and hitting hoping for 6's seems a waste but if it works... Also, building a Bastion for my elves, these seem to be a good unit to hold it... So, ~600 points here...

Other troops?  My Dire Avengers will likely be hitting the field.  They are decent against Infantry but helpless against armor...  Their Wave Serpent will have the Bright Lances and they are likely my backfield security/objective campers... ~200-250 points here?

I think my Rangers will continue to make an appearance, but with so many things ignoring cover saves, I am not hugely confident they will survive.  They ARE cheap, and have some potential in objective based games but... CHEAP, so 60 points here...


So, a lot of points on Troops, but the way 6th edition plays now I think this will form the base of my 1850 force...


No comments:

Post a Comment