Saturday, January 24, 2015

X-Wing and motorcycles...

So, got in a few more games of X-Wing…  Think I have it mostly figured out and I faced the dreaded Tie Phantoms and the Decimator…  Wow, that thing is TOUGH.  Not agile, but 4 shields and 12 Hull?  Makes the YT-2400 seem like an oversized Fighter…  Which it really is of course.  I LOVE the way it flies especially with Dash at the helm ignoring the obstacles.  Does NOT ignore other ships, so bumping with the large base is a problem.  Especially if the other player is really good like Nick is…  Has the Intel Agent crew card on all of his ships so he can see enemy dials in Range 1-2, so the low Pilot Skill of the generic Pilots is less a problem as he tries to block in your ships and move out of your arcs, etc…  Not a lot I could do, the Phantoms are 4 Dice attacks each, and the Cloaking devices make them really maneuverable.  In every game I think I got them, but never did get through the Decimator itself.  Did a lot of Damage but the thing was too tough for my builds. 

Got my builds a lot more focused:

YT-2400 with Dash and the Heavy Laser…  And ?  Engine Upgrade and Anti Pursuit Lasers are pretty nice…  The Engine Upgrade on a large based ship though?  Um, yes please!  Especially with the ability to ignore the Asteroids…  Need to figure out what Crew, etc…

Liking the Y-Wing, but of course getting it killed in a single turn is possible if they say get the Decimator AND both Phantoms able to catch one at close range…

A-Wing?  FAST.  And the one I was flying was Jake Ferrell.  The Boost or Barrel Roll as a free action after a Focus along with all the Green maneuvers to clear Stress tokens….  And a Green 5 forward?  The ONLY real down side was that 2 Attack really…  Fast, fairly survivable but just did not do enough damage really…

Have not flown an X or E Wing yet…  They both look “OK”, just don’t really fit in a 100 point list with the bigger ship…  Worried about the lowish Damage output on a decent frame not really being enough to keep up.

Z-95 was OK…  Not very survivable and low damage output.  Against Swarms, it will do well, but I am not sure I want to fly it in the Store Championships…

The Winter War event is 50 points, NOT 100 so looking like either a single YT-2400 or maybe a pair of decent fighters.  More likely the YT that my wife got me for Christmas from the Gopher J  Thanks again folks!


Motorcycle, both of the current ones have people interested in them and I found a 1984 Goldwing with the alternator conversion in the price range…  So, maybe the updated bike will be hitting the road soon…  Plus side, easy to transport X-Wing on any of those bikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment