Sunday, January 10, 2016

TIE Fighters everywhere :-)

So MANY TIEs....  Holy crap, I have never seen so many TIE fighters...  :-)  We played out the Escalation tournament today, wound up 5th of the 14 in a VERY long day.  When my list worked, it worked REALLY well.  The parts of it that did not work failed hard.  I played my Rebel list with Poe, Jake, Horton, Tala and a Grey Squadron.  The biggest fail was the Tala Squadron Z-95.  Got to fire off the Assault Missile twice and missed both times.  Had the Z-95 been LT Blount it would have been 2 instances of massed damage...  One TIE swarm with 7 (!) ships at R1 of the bloody target that would have stripped all of the Shields and put through a few damage to the old style TIEs in there...  Next game not nearly so bad, but 4 Z-95's in the blast area...  So, next time, that is a definite "bring". 

The Bombs...  I had a few of them on my Y-Wings that I just kind of threw on there to hopefully cover up the R1 hole in the TLT...  It worked, and quite well with SO many ships out there.  Really looking forward to Sabine Wren out there for me...  Thinking that there will be a LOT more bombs for my Squadrons when she hits the field...  Hoping that Wave 8 is fully out before the Store Championships hit in the next few Months...  So far the Gophers is set, and the Titan in Springfield...  Hoping for the Champaign Titan is on a day I can attend as well... 

Like I said, I was surprised there were SO many Tie Swarms...  Got smacked around by Allan's swarm which used a lot of the TIE/fo with Weapons Guidance...  Would have been different had the Assault Missile hit I think :-)  But it was a good build and there are SO many TIEs out there now...  I think they are going to become a very real thing during the Store Championships.  Crack Shot is rough, but I found Juke on the A-Wing to be hugely powerful...  Especially with a Stress Hog out there...  If they can't Focus, they lose one dodge result...  Even on a 2 Attack Fighter, I pushed through several Damage chasing down TIEs and Z-95's...


So, something to think about building for the next few Tournaments...

No comments:

Post a Comment