Wednesday, January 6, 2016

X-Wing Escalation Tournament this weekend...

Something very different...  The Escalation tournament is going to be a 4 round event, starting at 60 points and increasing 30 points each round.  I've never played anything over 100 points, so the 120 and 150 point rounds are going to be interesting...  Bouncing two ideas around...

First is the Rebel list:




I REALLY wanted to get in a YT-2400 piloted by Eaden Vril in there, but it just doesn't seem like it fits.  2 Damage primary is just not enough to justify the point sink there at this level.  Poe's T-70 and Jake's A-Wing are both solid Aces and good choices I think.  I have had excellent luck with Horton's Y-Wing as an Ace hunter, but that is JUST over 30 points.  So, I fly short in Round 1 to fit it in to Round 2.  Round 3 I just bring in a cheap missile boat to fill in points on the other 3 ships...  Not sure how well it will work, but the Z-95 with an Assault Missile should at least make people flying swarms think about it a bit...  Last round is just bringing in a "Stress Hog" Y-Wing to fill out the points...  Aces who rely on actions who get shot at by this have to scramble for a few turns to clear those Stress and hopefully I can line up a few shots...  Seems solid, but...

Other choice is something very different from the Scum and Villainy (S&V) faction...



Start simple with Kavil and a TLT backed up by the Black Sun Ace in the Kihraxz with Cluster Missiles and Predator...  Round 2 adds the second Kihraxz same as the first...  The Y-Wing circles and shoots a 4 dice attack, hopefully doing the 2 Damage/turn while the K's are threats with the Cluster Missiles having the potential to do 6 Damage in one burst...  Things go well, I can erase a B/Y-Wing in a single turn with the Y and K shooting...  Gets easier when I add another Y-Wing for round 3 (120 points) and I fill in the Glitterstem on the K's...  That makes their burst damage MUCH more reliable allowing them re-rolls and conversion of all Focus to Hits (and Focus to Evades on Defense)...  Against the PS 2 things I get full conversions and the ability to re-roll 2 Dice/Attack for each Attack...  Odds are excellent that I get the full 6 Hits/Critical Hits in there.  So, this is my defense against the big, slow ships that I expect to see a few of, but more importantly they can quickly erase the expected Y-Wings with TLT that will undoubtedly be a heavy presence here...  I say as I field 3 of them in this build :-)...  Good ships, this build however lacks the staying power I like for my Rebel builds with their annoying Regenerate abilities...

Guess I am leaning toward the S&V build a bit just as something different...  The Store Championships are coming up in the next few Months and I have a few Rebel builds that I like for that...  Should be interesting at least :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment