Monday, May 23, 2016

Imperial Learning Curve... X-Wing

More games in…  Some good and some bad.  Plus side I now KNOW why no one uses the TIE Punisher.  Had it kitted out fully, and between the FCS and the Autothrusters it performed “OK”…  But coming in at almost half of my points for a REALLY low agility ship?  Really does not fit well with the rest of my Imperial stuff…  So, experiment run and confirmed my initial thoughts about the ship.  It will only get worse when the Imperial Veterans are released.  And as I am HOPING they hit before the next League day at Titan… 

Ran against Tony with his Dash/Ghost list.  Since I learned to play the game on the YT-2400, I had a pretty good idea how it flew and how to chase it down.  My Punisher died early and without doing much at all.  The Valen/TIE Advanced Prototype and Omega Leader on the TIE/fo flew quite well but in the end just do not put out enough damage to bring down a VCX-100…  Well, at least not before the BFG gets them lined up.  The Autoblaster Turret/Accuracy Corrector was the perfect foil to the normal tactic of “get to Range one, dodge arc, fire and repeat until you are dead or they are…”  So, lesson learned and I am getting far more used to the dials and how the ships fly…

Second game today was against Allan’s Rebel list..  Chewie on the Falcon and a trio of Z-95’s with Concussion Missiles/Guidance Chips.  Turned out a lot more one sided than I expected, but this was mostly due to some odds being defied.  Omega Leader flew in behind a rock, and he lined up the Z-95’s…  3 Concussion Missiles, ended up with one point of damage.



So, not really anything he did that was bad tactically, nor was it really anything I did…  I moved to get the best Agility I could to try to force him to use up as many missiles as I could.  In the end, it is a dice game, and they were VERY much in my favor.  Things went downhill quickly for him after that.  Omega Leader ended up dying, but not before pulling a few of the Z-95’s with him and piling on some damage on the YT-1300…  The Defender was absolutely brilliant…  The dial is forgiving, the Agility is huge…  REALLY wanting to fly some of the new ones.  I suspect they will be even better… 


Flew Valen twice, and to be honest, the Inquisitor is just better until someone either has no other shot and gives me free actions, or it is the last ship…  In every case for me today, the Inquisitor with the Range 1 silliness would have been better.  And it flies SO much better against actual Aces who depend on Autothrusters to survive…  So, that one I will be flying I think…

No comments:

Post a Comment