Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Work, Workouts and X-Wing coming up...

Not a whole lot happening here at the moment…  Well, not ENTIRELY true, came off yet another long and busy weekend, work is still grinding along…  Waiting on word for the job I interviewed for.  But that was a while ago, so “I am concerned”.  Kind of important to get someone there ASAP, and while I feel I would make the best choice, surprisingly that was NOT one of the questions :-).  So, kind of a holding pattern as I wait…  And am deciding how much of the “additional duties and responsibilities” I intend to simply stop doing if/when I do not get that other job.  STILL no word on the “title correction” either, but I’m still (slightly) hopeful that is a problem they get to deal with when they rehire for my current position.  But as of now?  On paper I’m NOT a manager in any way, shape or form so not entirely sure how much of that I intend to continue doing.  I nominated one of my people for a big award, we’ll see…  Guessing my organization failed to do the same for any of its people, but I do feel like I need to at least TRY to get something for my people.  Eh, we’ll see what happens.

Mostly just working out and watching what I eat.  Shifted back to drinking mostly just water.  More exercise, thinking it is about time to get more “gym time” in.  Reaching some plateaus with my “prison style” workouts, so thinking that at the least time on the elliptical in the basement will do me good.   Pretty sure I’m not up to running yet.  Knees and ankle are sore from the sheer number of stairs I climb in a normal day.  On the plus side, the Gunn kilt actually fit correctly for the first time.  Not a traditional one, so snaps and the belt for the most part, but previously I was never actually able to fasten all of the snaps correctly.  Had to break out an ancient belt for my suit as well as the one I got for it originally is not really usable.  Had to do the emergency hole punch to get it tight enough to work for Angela’s wedding, and that is too loose again in the month or so since.  Stronger now than I have been in a very long time…  That’s good I guess, but I find myself having to filter out a lot of my older “slightly more aggressive” responses these days.  Weapons training helps some, but I suspect frustration at work will be the longer term change I need to make.

Armada is “interesting”, STILL need to get in another game, might try to get out this week or next, but next League day is the 12th, so need it done before then.


Got in another test game with my S&V X-Wing squadron…  Liking that and looks like that will be one I bring on the 19th for the “Hanger Bay” event.  This is a lot like the older PP system where you bring 2 lists and decide at the table which one you will use for that round when you see what your opponent has.  Makes it more interesting if you build something that is strong against some things but REALLY weak against others.  At least in theory, both of my lists are fairly solid “take on anything” lists…  Looking like the Lancer for the S&V list and ARC-170’s for the Rebel list…  Nothing too fancy, just good solid ships…  But just about to create the event on Facebook, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment