Thursday, December 1, 2016

Slap on some paint and go...

Getting some of my Armada ships painted up to keep my "Crimson and Greys" theme going...  Honestly not even sure why those colors, except I used to wear a funny hat in crimson at one point...  But this way my stuff will look like it a) belongs together and b) is different than the other players stuff...  More important in this game given that there are simply not that many different ships out there at this point...  So, my stuff will be obviously different.  NOT nearly so nice as a lot of the other players who repaint their stuff, but these are mine :-)...



Nothing too fancy, but like I said different than the standard pre-painted mini you can buy...

Looking at repainting my new X-Wing stuff as well...  Probably go "Red Baron" or "B5 Narn"

For my ARC-170's...  I did some minis in "Martian" camo back in the old days and the red/grey/black works surprisingly well...  Might go this way with my Mandelorian fighters as well...

Job is...  Interesting...  With the budget issues, getting back to rebuilding things and making things just work for new research groups.  Not bad, but I have to admit I got a bit spoiled over the last decade or so when I COULD go with an off the shelf thing and just buy it to make the problems go away.  I DO remember the bad old days when I had to spend a lot of time salvaging and rebuilding broken machines to get SOMETHING working.  NOT there yet and we should avoid it here..  I hope :-)...  Well, getting practice with an actual budget to control, so I'll know first hand where we stand I guess...

Did not get the new job, but I AM learning how better to actually interview which I suspect in the longer term will be a far better skill to have.  Heck, I learned break falls REALLY well being the biggest guy in Aikido class, so the getting thrown around to learn is nothing new and I do tend to learn a lot better that way I find.  We'll see how things go from here I guess, but pretty good for the moment and just getting ready for the longer term I guess now...

No comments:

Post a Comment