Friday, February 3, 2017

Well, crap...

Well, crap.  Got word that it does appear that the Armored Gopher is closing.  I have to admit that does leave quite a void in the community, and I do feel badly that over the last few years I've not gotten out to game or buy stuff...  Many reasons for that, but mostly just sounds like excuses.  I stopped playing 40K, moving on to X-Wing and Armada...  Both of those games are MUCH smaller in terms of expense without the completely open ended investment that 40K represented.  But the games just sort of fell off for me.  My standard once/week gaming became less and less frequent with the girls in extracurricular activities and reality...  My own health issues of course being one of them.  But still, crap.  Do wish there was more I could have done, but it does seem to be far too late at this point.  Maggie and I were talking about this and she once again asked if going in on a game store would be something I'd be interested in...  I have to say, no.  There was a reason I quit playing Magic, Drinking, etc...  Pretty sure I'd burn out VERY quickly were I to go down that path, so best perhaps to avoid it for myself.

I've seen far too many game stores come and go over the years, and this was definitely my favorite of them.  The policy of making everyone welcome, etc...  That and it was in an awesome location...  Well, the store was REALLY nice, living in Tolono I had a bit of a trek to get there, so it was not just something to pop in to viit...

Watching a number of my coworkers wander off to interviews, kind of amusing for me since I'm no longer responsible for anything outside of my own Department.  My wife has had 2 and another Monday, so REALLY good chance she'll move before I do at this rate :-)...  Nothing I'm worried about at this point though, have a good job and I'm not going to stress myself over things I should not...  :-)  Well, there is a phrase I generally use here, but I'll keep it G rated...

Hmmm, more random gaming stuff...  Have to schedule an Armada game which should be a fairly simple one for me then next weekend the second X-Wing League event.  Looking at:

Or:

Alternate on the Second one would be the Accuracy Corrector and Auto Blaster Turret...  But the TLT is pretty insane on that platform.

The first one is likely what I'll fly with...  Need to paint up one of my Mandelorian Fighters and likely magnetize the Jumpmaster to get it back on the bloody peg...  Second one is amusing, but seems like a gimmick to me.  I like the S&V Aces and this would allow me to get good, modified shots in and win or lose based on the dice rolling and my own skill/audacity flying them...


No comments:

Post a Comment