Monday, October 9, 2017

Titan League Month 2 AAR…

Titan League Month 2 AAR…

Well, I can state that I played my worst game EVER in game one.  Paired up against Joseph’s Dengar/Nym list.  Moved in, got into position, dropped an Ion Bomb to Ion both of his ships, had Nym Stressed and…  I flew both of my ships off the damn board.  First one I should have just turned in and eaten the Stress from the Rigged Cargo Chute that was dropped.  Instead, I tried to get fancy and boost then 1 Bank…  JUST off the edge.  Then the 4 K-Turn landed me just off the board instead of Range 2 behind Nym to just keep Ioning him off the field…  Craptastic.  Ah well, teach me to play a list I’ve flown once… 

Game two…  Bye.  So, I got to watch a lot of the games.  Some good lists even if they were not really the “big meta” ones…  There WAS a “fair ship rebel”, but it was flown rather than the castle in the corner waiting on Final Salvo… 

Game 3 against what I consider a hard counter to this and frankly ANY 2 Ship list…  Kylo Ren on the RAC Decimator.  He had Wampa in a TIE and Deathfire in a TIE Bomber.  Was actually quite an enjoyable game…  I lasted a LOT longer than I thought I should have, but the Kylo action does require him to actually HIT.  Mind, NOT actually penetrate the bloody shields, just HIT the ship/shields.  THAT is where I have the biggest problem with that card and why I find it to be just broken and stupid.  Any time you have game effects breaking the basic rules of the game, it is a problem, this is just one of the biggest offenders.  Change it to “Apply the chosen Critical whenever a Critical would be dealt to the Ship” and it is not a problem.  Not “Fuck your shields, I use magic to break the rules of the game”.  But in any case, he did get that off twice, but ONLY when he was able to catch me at Range 1-2 IN Arc.  Devastating because of course he is able to cherry pick the “Blinded Pilot” to keep me from shooting back, but it was something I could work around.  I lost one Aggressor to a VERY well placed Proximity Mine that hit for 2 and a Critical after Wamps hit the ship and the Concussion Missile stripped a shield I think…  Might have been hit once or twice more, but this was like Turn 3…  I had Ion Bombed his whole group, killed the Bomber and then danced for almost an hour with my remaining Aggressor (C, so Free Evades)…  Was a good game, if one that was ultimately futile I think.

What did I learn?  Well, 2 ship lists have an inherent hard counter in the Kylo Ren crew card.  The B-Wings that Parker flew so well are actually good…  He melted the Decimator before it could do all that much against him.  Might be where I go next if the Guns for Hire expansion is not here next Month… 

No comments:

Post a Comment