Wednesday, March 28, 2018

X-Wing at Mattoon this weekend...


Anyway, back to X-Wing it seems.  Played “Tanks” this weekend.  Beer & Pretzels WWII tank combat.  Fairly simple game, but fun.  The German Puma was actually pretty darn solid for me.  I was surprised, but then I did a fair bit of the whole Armored Cav thing in the old days, so am fairly familiar with how that works.  So perhaps a few more to hit the tables for me.  and motivating me to get my American M-3's built...  

Looking like I’m playing either my BAY list or a Rey/(Y-Wing or B-Wing) list in Mattoon.  Not so much that I am going easy, but I think I need to practice with these things:
ReySalm2 (99)
Rey — YT-1300
45
Expertise
4
Finn
5
Kanan Jarrus
3
Engine Upgrade
4
Millennium Falcon (TFA)
1
Ship Total: 62

Horton Salm — Y-Wing
25
Twin Laser Turret
6
Bomb Loadout
0
Extra Munitions
2
"Chopper" (Astromech)
1
Thermal Detonators
3
Guidance Chips
0
BTL-A4 Y-Wing
0
Ship Total: 37


Now this one is amusing…  Horton on the Y-Wing can chuck a BUNCH of the upgrades through Chopper to regenerate Shields.  The wording on the Extra Munitions card adds an EM token to every bomb, missile and torpedo upgrade.  Combine that with the fact that the EM card and Bomb Loadout both would then technically gain tokens that could be discarded to add Shields.  So, more shields than I should ever be able to regenerate during a normal game at least.  Rey's ship I have 2 basic builds...  Kanan or C3-P0 and the new vs. the old title.  C3-P0/old title is a tanky build that can realistically just completely evade a HLC or Harpoon Missile.  The Kanan/TFA title is maneuverable and I think more fun...  So, likely what I'll play here.

Other potential build is the BAY build:

BAY (100)


This one is a LOT more fun...  The A-Wing is slippery, but still just a 2 Dice Attack.  Ten Numb is amusing and Horton is pretty solid...  Just dies against a higher end "Meta" list, but fun to fly and another contender for the Titan event with the wave restrictions...  This or the Star Viper list with three of the bastards...




No comments:

Post a Comment