Wednesday, April 18, 2018

X-Wing, next build to test for SC season...




So…  Might be missing the next Titan event, will see I guess.  Wondering what will be banned, and while it might be interesting, no real bearing on other events…

Looking like I have my initial list for the upcoming SC season:

Mandalorians 1 (97)
Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31
39
Veteran Instincts
1
Ion Cannon
3
Bomblet Generator
3
Dengar
3
Harpoon Missiles
4
Glitterstim
2
Engine Upgrade
4
Andrasta
0
Ship Total: 59

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter
28
Push the Limit
3
Proton Torpedoes
4
Autothrusters
2
Concord Dawn Protector
1
Ship Total: 38

Stealing it from Phil GC over at https://suchanxwinghipster.wordpress.com/  He also talked about it on the Warlords YouTube, so a MUCH more detailed accounting of what the list is and what it does…  I think this fits nicely between my liking the Firespray (and that stubborn desire to make it work) and my desire to actually play “Ace(ish)” lists…  Fenn Rau is solid, if fragile.  Fett is kitted out as an absolute “Swiss Army Knife” or toolbox I think.  The Ion Cannon for the small based low Agility ships (Miranda, Nym, etc…) to control them and keep them where I know their location the next turn and can swin a ship or both of mine to deal with it.  Or, if the opportunity presents itself, simply walk it off the table.  But more likely, hold it and have Fenn roll up and do Fenn things with the Range 1, TL/Focus shot…

Jousting is likely what I will OFFER when I set up.  If they are foolish enough to take me up on that, so be it…  This list should be able to out-joust just about anything else out there now.  My Firespray list might be an exception, but… 

Of the big Meta lists like Ghost/Fenn, Rey/Lowrick, Miranda/Nym and X/Stress Ezra/Lowrick are all ones that I think just get taken apart by this.  The multiple Wookie lists I would lump in here as well, just have to be careful not to get over Stressed while rolling in…  But with Boosts all around, especially on the Firespray, it should be possible to fire at Range 3, likely taking one off between the two ships and then choose one and rush it with one or both of my ships…

PS 11 Imp Aces or the Palp Aces might be an issue, but with the Bomblet Generator giving me infinite bombs to threaten anyone ABLE to Arc Dodge the Firespray (and more severely punish lower PS Arc Dodgers) this allows me to lead out a bit with the Firespray, and have Fenn hang back a bit to cover the flanks a bit.  The thing about the PS 11 Aces is that usually they are running pretty darn lean.  And lacking the Autothrusters on Vader or Quickdraw it gets dangerous for them.  I have the Hull to tank a shot or two just to line them up, and they do NOT have the Hull to get hit.  Not a great match-up, but one I think I can do well enough in.

The one I think is just outright bad is the RACLo match-up.  But even there, line up and joust as best I can.  There are only 2 “Blinded Pilot” cards in the deck, and between bumping and bombing I can still do damage.  Fenn hanging out at Range 3 to chuck in the Proton Torpedo is actually a fairly decent threat and not one overly likely to get hit by the PWT of the Decimator at least.  Just CANNOT end up Range 2 in arc…  Frankly the only player I KNOW that can easily outplay me is Tyler, and if I draw that match-up, so be it J   At least he’ll know he was in a fight, even if it is just because my lads are bleeding on his J

So, to get in more testing I suppose…


No comments:

Post a Comment