Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Taquerias and X-Wing?


Mkay, heard one that I had not heard before today and it got me thinking.  The writer essentially said that the restaurant in question had a menu that was too high in quality to maintain profitability.  With a new Taqueria that opened across the street from my office I had been thinking something along those lines…  They have their burritos priced at $7 which is a full dollar or more less than every other local place.  AND they are not doing them as the more “Mission Style” burritos with a lot of what I would consider “filler” in the form of rice and beans (cooked and/or refried).  I should preface it with it only opened Monday and I’ve been there only once, so it might be incorrect in the longer run of course…  But that was the best Al Pastor that I’ve not had that good outside of Mexico/Texas border in the ancient times…  And I was actually fairly concerned about the longer term viability of the place given what I felt was the quality of the food I got…  Guess we’ll see over the longer run, and I am of course hopeful but I suspect the odds are not in favor of the place lasting...

Got in my first actual game with my Republic forces, I played:
Unsaved Squadron (197)
Anakin Skywalker — Delta-7 Aethersprite
60
R4 Astromech
2
Delta-7B
18
Spare Parts Canisters
4
Ship Total: 84
Half Points: 42 Threshold: 3

"Sinker" — ARC-170 Starfighter
54
Ship Total: 54
Half Points: 27 Threshold: 5

"Wolffe" — ARC-170 Starfighter
51
Veteran Tail Gunner
4
R2 Astromech
4
Ship Total: 59
Half Points: 30 Threshold: 5

And I faced a S&V force with Han (trick shot), Fenn Rau and 2 of the Mining Guild TIEs…  Solid build and the player was good…  I lost the Initiative roll so was player 1 which I suppose is something I need to be concerned about with the I6 Anakin, but honestly?  I think I was OK going first as I was able to get the “dream move” out there with the 2 Sloop, remove Stress and drop the Spare Parts on Fenn Rau who was already Stressed.  He took no damage of course, but a triple Stressed Fenn is NOT a happy Fenn.  Wolfe was a bowling ball, got the double shot off a few times before he finally died.  The ARCs take a surprising amount of Damage before they die, and with the Barrel Roll they actually make decent blockers.  Oh, Han had the Hotshot Gunner de-incentivizing the taking of Focus as an Action…  Rerolls from Sinker were nice and it is fairly easy to maintain that “Side Arc” condition.  Anakin was a monster Slooping and K-Turning around Han until I killed him after Fenn died…  Oh, Anakin killed him but lost his Shields and took a Crit in the exchange.  Range 1 Fenn Rau is ALWAYS dangerous, even if I get to shoot first…

Going forward I suspect my next build will have a pair of the Aethersprites with an Arc.  Either Mace or Saesee seem like they’d fit in well enough.  Guessing I’ll have to put in an actual bid as well to continue testing for the 4 May event… Asoka with 3 ARCs is also a possibility…  Bring her as a Support Ship and keep the big “Wall o’ Beef” in front of her?  Maybe…  Just not sure that the low maneuverability of the ARCs combined with the low Agility will keep them on the field and relevant long enough to win…  One of the locals brought out the 4 ARC list and lost to the 2 Sith Infiltrators…  While the named ones seem good, I question the base Ships en masse being viable. 

Bunch of other things got immediately added to Hyperspace as well…  I do not think anyone was really expecting this, but in the words of the Seventh Sister “A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”.  TIE Interceptors, TIE Bombers, B-Wings, A-Wings and Star Vipers are all legal now…  So, the Rebel list I WAS flying in the League itself is almost HS legal.  Just need to swap AP5 for a U-Wing I suppose…  Just think that list is no longer closer to the top tier with everything else out there.  I could go toe to toe with some of the Torpedo Alpha Strike lists and come out on top, but B-Wings are just not maneuverable enough or high enough I to deal with actual Aces… 

Seems to be a fair number of people griping about the announcement that X-Wing Worlds will be the Extended format rather than the Hyperspace everyone assume it was going to be…  Me?  I’m fairly neutral about it as I have no real chance to make the cut and go…  I really just do not want to watch it devolve to the camping TIE Phantoms or whatever other “technically legal” but actually broken and sill lists bubble to the top by then.  Eh, we’ll see I suppose…  At the end of the day, not really anything I’m overly invested in..



No comments:

Post a Comment