Thursday, April 25, 2019

Chromebook and upcoming X-Wing (Jedi)

Testing from the new Chromebook…  Went with the Dell Inspiron 3189 (I think), so a nice “convertible” laptop that can flip over and become a Tablet.  Running the Android OS, so feeling very similar to my Samsung S8 phone…  Bigger of course and a real keyboard, but slight learning curve hitting as I am so very familiar with the “standard” Windows laptops having used them since the Win 95 days…  One HUGE advantage of working in IT, I always had access to the beta builds of the newest OS and starting in the Hardware end of things would build or re-build my own laptops… So far as I have been managing my expectations for this device (I am typing the post ON it) It has been fairly solid.  Spent most of my day today wandering about in meetings and the battery is still showing 95%+…  For the price it seems to be an excellent device so far.  One of my co-workers did remind me that I can install the Microsoft RDP app on this thing, and I did, but honestly I doubt I will use it.  This device is a secondary “for use in meetings or when wandering about” only, so…

Getting in a LOT of reps in with my “Republic” squadrons for X-Wing, mostly Jedi…  Have to say, Anakin Skywalker’s ship is the perfect one for me and my play style.  VERY aggressive, I use the -7B variant and an R2 Astromech for him to give me the X-Wing profile with the A-Wing’s dial and Regeneration.  I DO have to play it a bit cagy as I cannot just joust things out of existence…  Well, NOT full health things.  I6 and the 3-4 Dice Attack I CAN usually kill something already damaged, but better by FAR to dodge their Arc and get in the shots unanswered.  Other than that though?  Ahsoka is solid as well, but I3…  One list I have tried a fair bit is Anakin, Ahsoka and 2 Torrents.  The Jedi have the -7B and R2 and the Gold Squadrons Torrents are just the base model…  198 points, so no real bid and those Torrents are frankly terrible.  The 3 Aethersprite lists with Anakin, Mace and Ahsoka work and Obi-Wan can slot in for Mace easily enough.  Force management is a hard one for me, I am ALWAYS running out so 3 Force is needed on the second Ace…  Obi-Wan has the I5, but his Pilot Ability is not so good in this sort of list.  Mace has an Ability I like (Regain a Force when you do a Red maneuver), but is only I4… 

Turns out I have painted a ship up in purple/grey that looks good for him, so leaning toward that…  DO want a bigger bid though.  Anakin works SO much better if he moves AFTER everyone else.

Brings me to the meme list I am actually considering.  Anakin with Supernatural Reflexes (32 points!!!), R2 and the -7B paired with Obi-Wan sporting the -7B and an R2 unit…  12 point bid, so I might use the Spare Parts Canister as well, but…  It is solid, but VERY unforgiving…

No comments:

Post a Comment