Friday, August 30, 2019

Post interview workouts and gearing up for the Hyperspace Trial...


Well, after the West Texas did not come through, I got back to being more serious with my workouts again.  Not QUITE the “divorce body” effect, but I suppose the same basic effect.  The adage of “just keep moving, you’ll be fine” hitting me again.  So, I am working out 6 day/week and seeing my run times drop almost every run and each workout gets slightly easier and getting in more reps.  Not at all concerned about the weight as I suspect strongly that it will sort itself out as it were.  I suppose I’ll check at some point, but at this point feeling stronger, having my clothes fit far more loosely and the like I suspect I’m heading in the correct direction there. 

A few more applications sent off, got a few more interviews…  We’ll see.  No hurry.  Oh, and one locally opened up so I have to get my resume tweaked for that.  THAT would frankly be preferable at the moment as we would not be having to move in the short term, but of course first I HAVE to get the bloody job J  Will see.  Another one where I think I have the requisite skills and experience of course, but my opinion is not one of those that matters J

X-Wing wise, I am still flying my Jedi but…  S&V are calling to me I think.  Got to watch a dual Firespray this morning at the Nova Open and it was hugely impressive.  I flew that type of list a LOT in the twilight of First Edition.  The dials are a bit different, but still fairly familiar.  And I tend to play a lot more aggressively than most so Boba Fett is about perfect for my style.  Will see I suppose if there is a points adjustment that negates the Jedi I am flying.  Speaking of which, I have purchased my ticket for the Titan (Springfield IL) Hyperspace Trial and am heading out Friday the 11th of October.  Trying to sneak in on that Friday to get a better chance of making the cut/getting Dice…  Honestly not even sure how many people will even be showing up for the event.  Attendance has kind of tanked across the board, seems to be similar to the end of First Edition with the almost endless Store Championships…  Will see I suppose, I am still having fun and have not earned my Dice yet, so that is my motivation to hit this one hard…  But trying a few different iterations of the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ric setup to see if there is a better way to do it than the one I am currently set up on…

No comments:

Post a Comment