Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March Ends…





Mostly just random thoughts at this point…


Yeah, that was random and confusing...  Rewrite maybe...




Did get to play an excellent game this evening, so that was good, and it is the last week with the ancient Codex. Partner played it pretty much as well as she could have, and we nearly pulled off the draw, but I think I made a few tactical errors in shooting and committing my Terminators too quickly and it cost us the win… Dave @ the Gopher ordered the few things like Codex and Dreadknight to get me started with the new army… I'll probably end up playing my Cygnar Storm Guard/Knights as stand-ins for the first few weeks until I get more Power Armor lads up and running. Terminators, at 1000 points, I probably have about enough, but of course going back to 1500… Well a few more lads are going to be needed I think… Making the "Rifleman" DN arms, so I should have a few of them up and running soon as well… Not 100% sure what I'll be fielding at 1500+ points, but at 1K it's going to be tight… I have one of the "Emperor's Champion" figs to convert to a Brotherhood Champion, changing the "LE" fig over to this should at least be interesting…

6 comments:

  1. I'm starting to rumenate over a mainly GK terminator force, and what that's going to end up looking like.

    I don't own enough termies, and my personal style heavily leans towards the purifier list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own quite enough of the GK terminators... Yet :-( I know I'm doomed to get more. I have "a few" regular terminators around (Deathwing army, FT and Wolves all have a squad or two) to stand in for the GK's beyond my first 15 or so I picked up over the years... I got spoiled playing DW recently with their 3++ saves all over the place and loads of Teleport homers... Paladins I can see as a viable "large" (1850+) army, but do you think the regular Terminators will be viable for 1500? I get the feeling that they'll be "OK", but ultimately the Purifier list is also looking like a better one overall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my three test games, two being with normal terminators and 1 being with Paladins they both did great. The normal terminators did just as good as the palandin at 1500 pts. I was more brash with the paladins and basically dared the blood angels player to charge me which he did. I believe the difference is going to be who you have with them. A Librarian is a must in my opinion, and helps protect and boost them very well. A Grandmaster makes them even stronger and harder to kill with Psychotrokes. If you can survive the shooting phase that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're playing a 1K team league right now, so I'll likely bring 1-2 squads of the regular Terminators as "troops"... I agree the Librarian looks to be the best HQ at the lower points, especially if I'm only bringing one HQ :-) But then I always used Rune Priests playing Wolves... Like the psychic defense if nothing else (a few Eldar locally, so Runes are a danger)... But the abundance of Melta/Plasma locally does make me "concerned" about the Terminator's ability to survive shooting... We play a lot of area terrain locally though, so I guess I'll be taking my chances there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. maybe for 1000pts, you could get a Libby, a full squad of 10 Termies (combat squadded into 5 assault oriented, 5 with 2 Psycannons to walk up the board), and a Storm Raven
    maybe finish off with a dread to hop off the back of the raven.

    2nd turn's going to suck for people on the receiving end. Esp. if Loq runs lots of angry Templars across the field.
    plus, she can still take the old min/max 5man las plas squads.

    you should have a mean combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) Yes, she's been using the many smallish squads to hold the objectives... Never played the SR with the Knights, my Fleshtearers OTOH make it an unholy terror with the DC and DC DN, just not so sure that the Knights have the uber assault units, certainly not the DNs at least... Respectable, but not really the same as the talons of eternal combat... Thinking I'll be starting a bit more conservative, but the 10 man Terminator squad coming in @450+ points seems a pretty hard one to dislodge from an objective with the Librarian in the mix...

    ReplyDelete