Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Looking at the difficult cases for my armies...

So, locally at least I can look around and see a few things none of my forces at the current time can deal with effectively...  Yes, I COULD roll lots of 6's and hope they roll all 1's, but realistically...

Necrons:  Fliers and Chariots of Doom...  I guess my DA terminators would laugh at the chariot, since it seems to be something they have to be in skimmer mode to use the fly over attacks with...  Fliers, I guess my Aegis line hits the table and hope I roll 6's until I can knock through their shields....  Eldar, FT?  Well...  Frankly I am not sure what I have that will stop fliers...

Dark Eldar:  Fliers and the metric crapton of shots...  Night Fight means that only my shots are at a disadvantage, my Wraithguard, Wraithlords and Artillery are all fighting at a disadvantage until I knock the Venom(s) out...  At least one DE player uses a lot of them, not so sure what the other uses, but I know he has fliers...


Thinking seriously about my Fleshtearers...  Looking over the Sternguard, I know I can have a few Drop Pods done by the tournament 8 weeks in...  But seeing a lot of people hiding things in or around good cover like the Aegis gun line...  Dropping in and shredding light troops manning the gun might be quite useful, combi meltas could be useful to deal with vehicles or heavy troops...  I have been using Vanguard Vets for a long time, but I think most of my regular opponents have seen me use that trick before :-)  Not to say I wouldn't use them too...  Hyper aggressive Jump Infantry?  Fits the Fleshtearers pretty well I think...  Yes, we are dying out, but we will be taking a whole lot of our enemies with us when by the time the last of us falls... :-)  Reminds me of one of my favorite songs, Riot on Broad Street by the Mighty Might Bosstones

http://youtu.be/lmlvLsJxsac

Not sure I will have a Storm Raven or not, but the option is there.  Air superiority given the potential 4 shots with 2 missiles and 2 real guns for at least the first two turns, assuming it survives of course :-)...  So, Scouts camping the Aegis line with one or more objectives nearby to perform AA duty...  They can combat squad as needed...  Death Company will be jumping around doing their thing...  DC DN and probably  a Furioso... With the FAQ change eliminating all changes to the Librarian DN, I haven't taken one in ages...  Maybe now, I wonder...  But I REALLY doubt it would work out well locally...  At least 3 GK players, and "a few" Storm Ravens...  ANY hit by a mindstrike = a glance with the Perils being automatic, so a cheap kill for the GKs...  Too many things that will likely screw over Psychers, so...

In any case :-)  Looks like my Fleshtearers will be what hits the table for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment