Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Draw @ 1500 points :-)

Well, played against Mike and his Dark Eldar...  We played 1500 points, I brought my list with the 2 Scout squads (1 Sniper, 1 CCW/Pistol) and 2 Sternguard Squads in Drop Pods backed by 2 Thunderfire Cannons and a Whirlwind...  He brought a fully Mechanized force with Warriors/Zombies/whatever the basic guys are with the Homunculus  in Venoms (3-4?) and 2-3 of the Elite squads in Raiders with 4 Blasters/squad and 2 of the Heavys with the 1 DL/2 Disintegrators...  Oh, and a Void Bomber...

He got first turn, killed my 2 Cannon and stunned my WW...  But Techmarines survived denying him "First Blood"...  My Sternguard dropped in, DID kill one of his 2 heavy "Screw you Marines" tanks, but failed to off the second with a series of amazing 5++ saves :-)...  Running theme for me this game, my Melta simply bounced a lot...  So, First Blood to me, and that was what got me the Draw.  Game ended on Turn 6 with my single surviving Scout SGT holding one Objective, one of his Warrior Squads holding one, and a bunch of dead bodies piled around the 3rd...  Both lost Warlords, and he killed the sole surviving Sternguard in his own DZ to deny me Linebreaker...  Of course my Whirlwind failed to kill his 2 troops in the open to deny that to him :-)...  So, a VERY bloody draw.  Good game though...

2 comments:

  1. He's always a blast to play against. I love his models, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Yes, fun game... Our usually end up close and very bloody...

    ReplyDelete