Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Hey, June is half over...


So, Diet Mode back in full force and have to admit things get weird at times…  Not eating anywhere as much and drinking a LOT of water.  The Fitbit is nice to track how much I walk, and between running 3/week and then running around a LOT at work I am keeping it to the 15,000 steps/day range.  Exercise mostly in the prison workout and running…  Up to ~2.5 miles/3 times/week.  Have the 5K coming up the 29th, so I suspect I’ll be fine.  It is also odd wandering around Campus.  Difficult when I pass one of the many places that make the food I like, but conversely I have my “diet mode” reinforced when I walk by places that make bad food that I cannot eat anymore.  Like one of the new pizza places on Campus that makes giant slices…  Probably the worst pizza I have had when I DID try it.  To be fair I suppose, it was during the 1-5pm range when a slice and a drink was $5.  Doing the typical NY style thing where they reheat the slices on order, so the slices were likely leftover from the lunch rush.  But it REALLY illustrated that I cannot eat that sort of food anymore.  Eating a lot of “healthy” options and drinking nothing but water for the most part.  Has been several years now since I more or less quit drinking…  Not really something I talk about much, and I do get some odd looks from folks at times.  I found that I was just drinking too much, and that line between what I thought about doing and what I did started to blur and go away.  Not really 100% NOT drinking, I do occasionally have a Guinness, Belhaven Black or Dragon’s Milk…  Just that it is SO rare that I even do drink that I might as well not be drinking.  But like I said, people who knew me in the old days are still quite surprised I do not drink as it seems I might have had a bit much to drink in the old days…  

Have to admit I am REALLY looking forward to X-Wing version 2.  I have a bunch of events to get through before it hits.  Including Gen Con.  I’m REALLY looking at lists that I will have fun flying at this point.  So, my Fett/Fenn list is one I enjoy flying.  Not really likely to win me an event, but I’ll have fun.  Guessing that Kylo/Whisper will be the same way for me.  2 Aces zipping around and maybe even shooting now and then.  The Firestorm list?  That is just there to kill things.  Efficient, win big or die.  But boring really…  So, it depends on how much I decide I really want to just win I guess.  Guessing the last SC I play if I have not gotten Range rulers or the like I might bring it out and go with it…  Dunno, but getting in some games with my fun lists to try and help my locals at least get further in the events...

Legion, Rebels being painted, I have my 800 point list ready, now to get in some games before Gen Con I think…  Bolt Action I am getting my British Paras, and so will be painting them up and getting in some games I guess…

No comments:

Post a Comment