Thursday, December 20, 2018

X-Wing List testing and Headhunters?




Ah, list testing is amusing…  Got in a game with the list I thought might replace my Dash/Roark list.  Running Lando in the Falcon in place of Dash, EU on both ships to run fast…  Well, the Falcon impressed me.  I suspect that with Han (Pilot) there might be something there.  Running this combo put me in a LOT of really bad positions.  I really WANT to take the obstructed shot, but with this build I am giving them extra Agility Dice, and the shot itself is only the 3 Dice vs the 4 of Dash (also denying the Agility bonus)…  So, it just does not hit hard enough.  Now, where it DID impress me is the survivability.  Re-rolls on the Agility is really powerful.  Probably more than most would realize.  It didn’t help of course.  Fenn just ran up on Roark and with the R1 shot erased him in a single shot when I blanked on Defense.  I tried to get cute with a Boost to set up a Proximity Mine drop the next turn assuming that I survived.  Odds were strongly in my favor, but the Green Dice WILL betray you as I should know well…  So for now, back to Dash for the League and likely the event over at the Red Raccoon in Bloomington.

I suspect that if I were to try Han in the Falcon for Hyperspace legal paired with Wedge or Norra in her Y-Wing (annoyed I cannot use the ARC of course)…  Might be a thing…  At least locally, we have a weird Meta.  Guessing with R2-D2 crew and all the re-rolls I could get a fairly survivable Falcon to at least compete...

Got a LinkedIn message from a Headhunter about an “IT Manager” job in Champaign…  So sent along my resume and have a phone meeting for tomorrow.  We’ll see.  In the ancient times when I was working in Chicago, this was such a regular occurrence that I frankly stopped even paying attention.  Was the 90’s and far more “Wild West” as far as the IT Industry seemed at least to those of us at my level.  But until our phone meeting I really have no idea where this potential position is, and so EXTREME caution is in order.  It would have to be an amazing offer to get me away from the University at this point.  Finishing up my cover letter for another one that frankly would be a VERY different direction for me, but would be amazing if I got it…  J  Of course, can’t say anything about it until and if it happens… 

No comments:

Post a Comment